TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW | Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave - Jeaniene Frost

When I finished listening to Jeaniene Frost's "Halfway to the Grave," the first thing I did was get on Audible and buy the second book. I cannot tell you how much fun I had listening to this. I'm aslo extremely glad I chose to listen to this rather than physically read it, because the reader is phenomenal.

"Halfway to the Grave" follows 22-year-old Kat who is a half-vampire and half-human hybrid. (My sister told me this is called a vampile... is this a thing?) She has made it her life mission to hunt down vampires and stake them through the heart before they get the opportunity to hurt any other innocent people. Her life - and mindset - changes, however, when she meets Crispin -or "Bones"- who convinces her to work for him, hunting down vampires that are dangerous. He shows her that not all vampires are evil and she realizes that she has to re-evaluate her entire perspective of the world.

I loved these characters. Loved. Absolutely adored with unadulterated fondness. It felt as if I were listening to my best friend tell me a story about how she got into killing vampires and then fell in love with one. Kat is relatable... er... maybe not relatable since I'm just full human, but she's personable. I get her. When she made choices I didn't agree with, I never thought she was stupid or annoying; I just sort of shook my head and said, "Bad move girlfriend."

Bones was another fun character to hear about. I loved his dialogue. He is so witty and charming, and their constant banter was hysterical to experience. I sort of couldn't help but root for him. He's just so charming... you want him to get the girl. He's also really sweet. I think that romance-readers who prefer the ultra-alpha type of male lead might not like him, and yeah, there were times that he came off just a tad too perfect, but you know what? I was completely immersed in the fantasy. I just suspended my disbelief as far as it could go.

I feel like this is another book that is perfect to listen to, much like how I felt about Gayle Forman's "If I Stay." The only thing that sort of caught me off guard was the sex scene. Of course I knew there was going to be a sex scene: they had been leading up to it verbally and physically. But every time one of these scenes happened, my ears went red and I just got a bit uncomfortable. So you can imagine my embarrassment when the sex scene actually hit, haha. My advice would be to just skip it if it makes you too uncomfortable. There's nothing vital in those scenes, so they're okay to skip.

I personally didn't skip it. I just took it to Twitter and freaked out online, ha.

Overall, I definitely recommend this. I saw in Kat Kennedy's review that she recommended it for people who wanted some junk food reads and I completely agree. This is a really fun book where you get to just relax and enjoy the ride. I appreciate that 100%.