TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas | Book Review

Dangerous Girls - Abigail Haas, Abby McDonald

-enter all the expletives-

I'm so very disappointed.

This book did the one thing I absolutely cannot stand books to do. It's a cheap ploy and it honestly made me want to cry, hence the low rating. Other books that have done this to me almost always get one star ratings, but I'm giving this two stars because of how honestly good the story is.

This could have easily been a five star read, if not for the aforementioned ploy. If the author had only gone a different route, then I would have loved this until the end. Maybe I'll raise the rating to three stars, but I'm not sure how much merit I want to give to cheap tricks. Maybe I'll lower it to one star, but I don't want to disregard the rest of the story.

What is this ploy I'm mentioning? Well... I'm not going to tell you. Truth is, what bothers me may not bother you. I've seen heaps of four and five star ratings of this book from my friends here on Goodreads, which means that this clearly didn't bother them like it bothered me. I don't want to ruin something that could be a great experience for you simply because I find it to be a poor writing technique.

So, give it a read. Get to the ploy, the trick, the cheap technique. Tell me what you think.