TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 6 - A Book That Made You Sad

Night - Marion Wiesel, Elie Wiesel A Separate Peace - John Knowles A Child Called "It" - Dave Pelzer Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro Hold Still - Nina LaCour

Night:  What can I say about this harrowing account of concentration camps, Jewish culture during WWII and Nazi Germany?  It's a tough read to get through, but it's one everyone should read.

A Separate Peace:  This book got to me.  I couldn't believe that friends could be so horrible and jealous to each other.  I was only twelve when I read this and it still resonates with me today.

A Child Called "It": Just... the fact that someone was capable of such horrifying things and the fact that a child had to live through that... it makes me more than sad; it makes me physically ill.

Never Let Me Go:  I remember when I finished this book.  I felt distinctly empty.  There was no hope for change, but there was redemption.  Maybe not a "sad" read, but one that left me thinking a long time later.

Hold Still:  A beautiful account of how a girl deals with the suicide of her best friend and how her own life is changed from finding her diary.