TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 1 - Best Book of 2012.

Angelfall  - Susan Ee A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb Partials - Dan Wells

2012 was the year of the best YA Books for me, apparently.  But all three of those books are fantastic in very different ways and deserve mention.

Angelfall: What a book!  I am so impatient for the sequel; I know that as soon as it comes out, I will probably drop everything, just so I can devour it.  This was a book with excellent characterization, great logic and awesome world building.  I consumed it in a day and wished it were as long as Anna Karenina so that it would never end.  Recommended for dystopia lovers, angel-story lovers and action lovers.

A Certain Slant of Light:  I had been meaning to read this one ever since I saw Wendy Darling's review on GR, but it kept getting moved back in my TBR pile.  I'm glad I finally picked it up towards the end of 2012, though.  This book is literary.  The prose is delicate and  beautiful and enchanting.  I felt like I was reading a secret when I read this novel.  Highly recommended for those who love beautiful prose, contemporary fiction and literary works.

Partials: This book was awesome.  The science!  Finally, a virus that makes sense!  The author took the time to explain it in the novel and I thought he did an excellent job.  Granted, this is not a science book, but for what he was working with, I thought it was nearly flawless.  I remember this book being so action-packed that I was actually begging for a break for those poor kids.  Also, it's worth mentioning that all of the characters in here are of different races and in YA, which is mainly dominated by caucasian heroes/heroines, this was a great change!  Recommended for action lovers, science lovers and dystopia lovers.