TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir - Jenny Lawson Jenny Lawson is funny. I really had no idea who she was before picking up this book. A quick Google search revealed her to be 'The Bloggess' who I had only vaguely heard of or accidentally found on the internet once. I had no idea the genius and hilarity that was stored in her head. I am so happy that i I read karen's wonderful review of this book (which I encourage you all to read) and decided to give it a go.

The author has this magnificent way of twining together serious subjects and light hearted humor. She does it in such a way that the reader can obviously tell that there are so many more layers to her than the fact that she is simply funny. Jenny's memoir is sincere and genuine and I felt I could really relate to her. I may not have such bizarre happenings in my life such as a taxidermy obsessed father, but I felt like I got to know her through this book, which means she accomplished her goal in writing a memoir.

There were moments in this book that I found myself laughing so loud that I couldn't contain it. Honestly, I think you might as well just check out this book to see if you'd like it. If you don't know who she is, don't worry -- I didn't either! There is profanity so if that sort of humor offends you then this might not be the book for you, but I think that if you do decide to pick up this memoir, you are in for a hilarious ride!