TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
James and the Giant Peach - Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake What a terrific story! I read this aloud to two girls, aged 7 and 5, and both of them absolutely adored it. This book is full of fun humor that young children will understand and laugh at, good lessons, adorable artwork and it even throws out the word "ass" a few times. ;) I have to applaud Mr. Dahl for writing a book that feels as if you're reading a modern day fairy tale and for taking creatures that most people dislike (in this case, insects) and turning them into lovable, loyal and fabulous characters.

As an adult, I also enjoyed this book very much. I think that it was magically creative and the little songs and poems interspersed throughout made it all the more wonderful. Reading it out loud was a true delight because I was able to decide for myself what rhythm to use. I do have to say that I don't know if I would have enjoyed this book as much if I had read it in my head, but it became a treasure as soon as I opened my mouth.

I would recommend this for people who are fans of fairy tales, big imaginations, a love of magic and, especially, young children.