TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
The Last Guardian - Jeff Grubb Jeff Grubb has a beautiful style of writing. I really appreciated the way he would word things, the analogies and metaphors he would create and, all around, his prose. He's not just a good writer, he's also a good story teller. He can make you feel for the characters, see how they became who they are, all without manipulating the reader. By the end of this story, I felt like I had grown along with each character. And they all did grow: some for the better and some for the worse.

I was just really amazed at the writing, to be honest. I think that he is, in general, one of the best writers I've ever read. Here's a snippet that made me think, "Wow, that was a really good idea."

The smoldering wreckage of the demon-beast, weeping fire and bleeding shadow, fell at Lothar's feet.

Maybe you're not impressed. But to me, for a writer to pull out a poetic phrase in the midst of a battle scene and have it work, was pretty impressive. This was not the most beautiful quote, necessarily, but perhaps the one that impressed me the most.

I think that even if you haven't played Warcraft, you will enjoy this book. Personally, while I had heard Medivh's name mentioned before, I actually didn't know who he was. I had never heard of Garona or Khadgar, so these characters were all new for me. I loved that they were new and I was able to be surprised with the story and its lore -- and there are a lot of surprises heading your way if you pick this up!