TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
Last Train to Jubilee Bay - Kali Wallace Lucy lives in a world where people trade their memories for a serum that will bring them peace amidst all of their chaos. She is a runner, someone who takes the memories of the people, written down on papers, to the traders for the serum. The serum is addicting and most people need it to survive -- so what happens when the traders stop coming and the serum stops erasing?

I had never heard of Kari Wallace before reading this story, but I was browsing Tor.com and thought, "Hey! It's only 32 pages. Why not give it a go?" I am so glad that I did! In 32 pages Ms. Wallace is able to create a stunning and vivid world, relay to the reader what has happened and what is happening as well as deeply define the main protagonist, Lucy. I love that she doesn't spell it out for the readers. She trusts her readers to have enough knowledge and grasp of the plot to be able to put two-and-two together. That is a sign of strong writing.

I would gladly recommend this to anyone looking for a quick read with a dark twist, anyone who is a fan of science fiction or post-apocalyptic novels and anyone looking to pass time in an interesting way.