TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Ana Juan, Catherynne M. Valente This book was just adorable. Really. I think that Valente's mind must be a charming place to live and, if she wouldn't mind, I would love to take up permanent temporary residence in it. Between the Nasnas and the Wyvery, I wondered if there was any limit to her creativity. The answer is no, by the way.

I read this book on the way home from work every evening. I have it on my iPad and considering that darkness has been falling around 4p in Poland ever since Winter began, the light from the iPad was more appealing that trying to figure out how to read my Kindle in the dark because I don't have X-Ray vision. (If only...) That's the reason it took so long to finish -- it was my ride-home-from-work novel. I wanted to make that clear because this book really was enjoyable and had I used it to just sit down and read, I would have devoured it much faster.

I think I liked reading it in increments, to be honest. It added a little magic to my evenings that I could smile at. The ending, in particular, left warm and fuzzy feelings in me and I am anxiously awaiting a sequel from this author! I had never read anything by her before - I hadn't even heard of her before - but now I am excited to read her other novels.

My only issue with this novel was its length. For the most part, all of September's adventures came round full circle and had meaning, but there were a few instances that I felt were just thrown in there for their imaginative quality. While I loved those instances too, I just felt the book was a bit long and sometimes the pacing dragged. I was eager for September to complete her quest and found myself frustrated at times when she would get thrown off course.

Regardless, I would recommend this book to anyone. It will really brighten up your day and add that little fairy dust you need to get through those dreaded Mondays.