TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa Read-a-long with Jess, Khanh and Stef!

Before I begin this review, I would just like to disregard something I had said in my review of the first book of this series: Never mind about the author being afraid to commit blasphemy against Shakespeare by using Puck as a love interest to Meghan because he is all up in that.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved it even more than its predecessor. It's rare for a sequel to be better than the original, but this one takes the cake. It was filled with action and it was entertaining from the beginning to the end. Kagawa is an effortlessly good writer. I didn't notice it in the first novel as much, but in this one, I could see everything perfectly. I felt like I was seeing exactly what she intended for me to see and that is a sign of a great writer. There were some scenes that just burned so clearly in my mind because it was like I was there.

A lot more is answered in this book but it still remains a definite part of a series. I liked how there was more of a wrap-up ending, though. I didn't feel like I was left hanging with this ending. I felt like it was whole and complete -- of course you don't know what's going to happen to Ash and Meghan now that they've both been banished from their courts, but you know that they're together and that's really all that matters.

Meghan gained a lot of badassery in this book! She was a little whiny in the first one, but I never felt like I wanted to slap her around in this one. She was brave, impatient, strong and willing to do whatever was necessary to get the job done while remaining a realist and having the decency to be pissed off at the injustice of her situation. She acted how a teenager would act in those circumstances. The author did a fabulous job of capturing the teen spirit and voice with her character. She is believable and likable.

Highly recommended for all faery fans, even if the first one wasn't your thing.