TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
Morning Glories, Vol. 1: For a Better Future - Joe Eisma, Nick Spencer, Rodin Esquejo I am in love, unadulterated love.

This graphic novel has everything a good story needs to have: fleshed out characters, mystery and intrigue, shocks and surprises and enough humanity to keep the characters planted on the ground. I am really, really, really impressed. Other than the Warcraft graphic novels, I really have had minimal experience in this world, but this one has made me want to remedy that immediately. I could not put this down. I read it so fast that it's depressing and now I want to go back and re-read it again.

What this graphic novel did so well was the cut-scenes. For one page, the reader was thrust into different scenarios that the characters found themselves in, then they would be thrown into a completely different setting, but they all paralleled each other. I felt like every detail that happened during this read was important to remember. It has a very LOST-esque feel in the mystery (but, dear god, let's hope it ends better than the TV series, yeah?) that has a lot of not-so-subtle dark undertones. And, of course, ending on a cliffhanger wasn't a bad idea. (That is something I hate in "regular" novels, but since I had accepted that this was part of a series, it didn't bother me at all.)

Maybe graphic novels aren't your thing, but I would still encourage you to check this one out. I think it has a bit of everything and is attractive to a wide range of different types of people. If you're into YA novels, I would definitely recommend this to you because the cast is a bunch of teenagers which means teenager reactions, teenager hormones and teenager problems all amidst these horrible circumstances that they're thrown into. I'm really not sure how to review this, so I'll just say that everyone should at least try it out.

Now, I'm off to go buy the rest that are available.