TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
Desire Unchained - Larissa Ione I love these books. I really do. They are so much fun. I find myself giggling through nearly the entire thing and I can't decide if it's the humor (which is fabulous) or the very explicit sex scenes (which are blush-inducing). Either way, this is a book series that I am looking forward to reading more of.

I have to admit that I didn't find Runa and Shade's relationship to be as compelling as Tayla and Eidolon's, but there was still enough going on in the side stories that I never got bored. I thought the scene with Wraith figuring out Shade's chains and whips side was absolutely perfect. If someone had been put through the torture Wraith has been put through, they would react in a similar, if not identical, fashion. I thought that scene was well-written.

I did have a tiny problem with the whole Shade tortures females to get them to release their dark pasts thing. This didn't feel like real BDSM to me, not that I really know what that consists of, though, so I might be totally off the mark. That whole thing just felt wrong. And when Shade begins to torture Runa and then turns the torture on himself... I mean, it was romantic, I guess, but something about it didn't sit right with me. I was very glad to have those scenes over with.

I know that Roag will probably return to cause more trouble because the last page basically says so , but the enemy was dealt with a little too quickly. Then again, I was sort of glad because Ione is a fantastic writer and all of the torture scenes had me reading faster so I could get through them faster.

Oh, but what the hell is going on with Kynan and Gem? NO. JUST NO. I have waited through two books now, so, please, someone tell me when are they going to get their sexytimes on because this is just craziness. I really hope they get a book.

Overall, I would recommend this for fans of smutty romance novels, paranormal romance novels, or even erotica. While I wouldn't say this is erotica (but the first book in the series might arguably be), there is a lot of sex -- and a plot to back it up! This is definitely a series worth checking out.