TheBookofJules

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Highly Sensitive Person
Elaine N. Aron
Exploring the Philosophy of Religion (7th Edition)
David Stewart
Siege and Storm
Leigh Bardugo
The Hutterites in North America (Case Studies in Cultural Anthropology)
John Andrew Hostetler;Beulah S. Hostetler
Love Hina, Vol. 1 - Ken Akamatsu I found this to be disgusting.

This manga just isn't for me. I have seen a lot of positive reviews on Goodreads and had a lot of friends who recommended this to me over and over again, but just I can't do it. I can't read a manga with a shallow main character who only appreciates women for how cute and soft they are. I can't read a manga with such blatant and stupid ecchi. I have nothing against ecchi in general and I don't mind when there's some ecchi on the side, but it was seriously the entire plot. This is also a harem manga, and harems are basically my least favorite thing. I probably should have done some more research about this series before diving headlong into it.

I can't read a manga where a 19 year old boy is lusting after a 12 year old girl. Seriously, I do not want to see a 12 year old girl naked. I do not want to see a pre-teen girl sexualized in that manner. Do you know what I would do if I found a little twelve-year-old boy's underwear? I would put it in the wash and not think anything of it. But our "hero" in this story gets all flustered over finding a twelve-year-old girl's underwear. And he can't stop thinking about her naked. This is borderline (or maybe full-blown) pedophilia and I have absolutely zero tolerance for this. No, thank you.

But, once again, a lot of people seem to love it, so it must have some redeeming qualities. Maybe they come later on in the series, but I will not be reading past this volume.